Friday, December 7, 2007

The Arrogance Of R. Milhouse Spitzer, Cont.

Governor Spitzer spoke to the Buffalo News editorial board yesterday. Regarding the controversial statement provided by his former communications director to Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, which is at the heart of the plot to destroy Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno's career, the Governor said:

“I’ve never seen it, so I have no idea. I’ve always understood it to be a sworn statement, but again, don’t know, don’t care. The issue is not mine. I just don’t, you know, I’m not, I’ve just never seen it."

This scandal is engulfing his administration and has the potential to destroy his career. His top aides are involved. His State Police Superintendent is involved. They've hired private counsel. They refuse to release documents. But he claims "the issue is not mine" and "don't know, don't care." The arrogance of the Governor-Infant continues to be astounding.