Friday, December 14, 2007

The Official Biography Of Sen. Eric Adams

Following a distinguished 22-year career in the New York City Police Department, Rod Tidwell Eric L. Adams "traded in his blue uniform for a blue suit" on November 7, 2006.

As a Captain in the NYPD, Tidwell Adams became well-known to New Yorkers as a thoughtful, tireless advocate for his bank account the communities and people he served.

Always an outspoken advocate ("It's something very personal, a very important thing. Hell! It's a family motto. Are you ready Jerry? I wanna make sure you're ready, brother. Here it is: Show me the money. SHOW! ME! THE! MONEY! Jerry, it is such a pleasure to say that! Say it with me one time, Jerry!") he has testified before the U.S. Federal Human Rights Commission, at numerous New York City Council hearings, and in United States Federal Court.

An advocate and a partner throughout his years in public service ("Jerry Maguire ... How'm I doing? I'm sweating dude! I'm sweatin' my contract! I'm sweating Eliot Spitzer calling me, telling me I'm missing the big endorsements by being with you! THAT'S how I'm doing - I'm sweating dude!"), he has contributed both his passion and his unique community-based, criminal justice perspective to numerous issues.