Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chichester's Entourage Checks In / RE: Hillary

This is a fund-raising e-mail a buddy received from Hillary (he's still an official one-of-the-fellas despite being on Hillary's e-mail list). Hillary claims if you "enter now" (which is not explained), you'll be lucky enough to be one of three people to watch a debate with her husband. Presumably, this means forking over the dough.

At first, I thought this was a gag e-mail. It isn't. The "big bowl of chips" and carrots language is not Rudy-level weird, but somewhat odd.

Dear ____,

I hear you might be watching a debate with Bill -- can I ask you a favor?

Bill mentioned "a big bowl of chips" in the email he sent you Tuesday. If you are one of the three people who get the chance to join him, can you make sure he eats carrots, not chips?

I know I can rely on you for this -- because you've been there for me this entire campaign. I've relied on you and more than a million of your fellow supporters, and you've never let me down.

Today, I need your help at a critical moment in the campaign. We're just a few days away from the end-of-quarter deadline, when we have to report the fundraising numbers that will set the tone for the final crucial months. The media and our opponents will use the numbers we report to determine the strength of our grassroots support -- help our campaign today and we can beat our goal.

And if you enter now, you could be one of three supporters invited to watch an upcoming debate with Bill.

Help me win today. Make a contribution: (link removed).

The decisions we make about our campaign's strategy over the next few weeks will depend on the strength of your support. If you make a contribution today, before Sunday's FEC deadline, those decisions will be easier -- because we will know we have the resources to win.

We're making history, you and I. Together we can change course in Iraq, restore America's standing in the world, achieve energy independence, and make sure every single American has quality, affordable health care.

So help me make history by making a contribution before Sunday's key FEC deadline. If you enter today, you might be bringing a guest to watch an upcoming debate with Bill. Help our campaign before Sunday's FEC deadline. Make a contribution: (link removed).

Chips or carrots aside, I know Bill is really excited about the chance to watch a debate with you. It's one of his favorite things to do: sit down with friends and talk politics. So I hope you'll enter today for the chance to bring a guest to watch an upcoming debate with him. He's looking forward to it -- and I hope you are, too. Not just because it will be a great experience, but because you know just what your support means to me and to my campaign.

The end-of-quarter deadline is just a few days away, so there's no better time to give. I need your help now -- before midnight on September 30 -- more than ever.

The FEC deadline is just a few days away. Make a contribution. Thank you so much for everything you do to help my campaign.

Sincerely, Hillary