Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bill Richardson, Extremist

Tim Russert: Governor Richardson, if you're president of the United States you're automatically honorary chairman of the Boy Scouts of America. In light of that organization's position on sexual orientation, would you accept that position?

Gov. Richardson: No, I wouldn't. Because I think, as president, I would commit myself, number one, that I will be a leader that prevents discrimination on the basis of race, gender and sexual orientation. I will also be a president that follows the Constitution of the United States.

This is what it has come to for the Democratic party. The Boy Scouts of America is one of the most venerable institutions the United States has ever produced. Yet Bill Richardson, if elected president, would insult their noble efforts and tradition by declining to serve as the honorary chairman. It truly boggles the mind. I'd like to see him get elected just to watch him try to pull this off.