Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Chichester Edits Statements For Accuracy

Governor Spitzer today defending his illegal alien driver's license scheme:

"I have done precisely what the public sent me to Albany to do (I have lied to the people of New York since I hardly uttered a word about providing illegal aliens with driver's licenses during my gubernatorial campaign last year) , which is to shake and rattle the cage of a system that was not responding to a changed economy, changed circumstances. Inevitably in that context, there will be some for whom the rattling and the shaking isn’t so comfortable (if they are comfortable I'll make sure the Internal Revenue Service audits them).

“We are in the position we’re in right now because of the failure of Washington (We are in the position we're in right now because I still think it's September 10, 2001) . Washington’s immigration policies (amnesty for illegal aliens) have been a debacle (which is why we were attacked on September 11, 2001, among other reasons) .”